Monday 4 May 2015

Philosophy, My Mistress

I take solace in you when I am sick,
When the future of my life seems bleak;
I consult you when confused,
When 'right' and 'wrong' seem abused;
I demand your help when justice' killed,
Or delayed or stuck further afield.
I cut the placenta of indecision,
With your sharp, mighty knife,
When undecided on the go,
With the little affairs of life.
I see the bigger picture of things,
In equanimity's bigger frame,
When with you, I worry not,
Neither for riches nor for fame.
From you I know the infinite sea,
Beyond the pond's little brink,
And the bigger ocean of my ignorance,
When I know not, but know I think.
When I hold you tight in love,
And ever together we fare,
I see the beacon at the horizon,
And the cairns everywhere.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Κερκυρα

 In the wilderness of the green lush trees, Between the sea and the hills; Mighty Poseidon of the seas - Upon the dazzling beauty of Kerkyra...