Thursday 7 September 2023

Κερκυρα

 In the wilderness of the green lush trees,

Between the sea and the hills;

Mighty Poseidon of the seas -

Upon the dazzling beauty of Kerkyra -

Stumbled head over heels:

"I live in the seas, and I know the lands,

I have come from far and wide,

I know of beauty, and I know of love;

But those of your kind, no one can find."

Kerkyra answered with a sweet low voice,

Making it clear there was no choice:

"This rendezvous is meant to be,

As quickly gone as it came;

For I belong here, and you in the sea,

And our paths are not the same."

It rained all day long,

Over the lands, and seas and piers,

As mighty Poseidon, low in the heart;

Waved his goodbyes in tears.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Κερκυρα

 In the wilderness of the green lush trees, Between the sea and the hills; Mighty Poseidon of the seas - Upon the dazzling beauty of Kerkyra...