Thursday 15 November 2012

Waiting [II]

By the hospital where I wait,
By useless formalities to abide,
I am a patient- but not sick-
Waiting for the the time to slide...
So patiently for now,  but getting sicker of it,
That by the time I leave,
I will be a patient in transit.
By the bus station I wait,
And at the police I waste my time;
Until they lay it bare,
If I ever committed a crime.
I go to the fast food, to eat my food fast,
Hungry like a lion, but hang on,
No clue how long the wait will last!
The authorities want to know who I am,
As a socially constructed fellow,
And I wait for days and weeks,
To know if I am a human being by law;
They prove I am human-or so I think-
But they deny I here belong...
Crazy, selfish times
This world is so gravely wrong!
I go to the embassy asking for approval of passage,
They turn me in and out, for days and weeks around,
And they tell me I am an expired human,
Barking on the wrong ground.
So goes on the list of my helpless little living,
Half expired on waiting, the other half running.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Κερκυρα

 In the wilderness of the green lush trees, Between the sea and the hills; Mighty Poseidon of the seas - Upon the dazzling beauty of Kerkyra...