Sunday 12 May 2013

Thanks, Mother!

In the heydays of success and joy
And when spirits apart are torn,
Hail to the kindness in you
To the good will in having me born;
Hail for the smiles shone,
In times of happiness  and gloom
Thanks for the tears you shed,
Since my first day in the womb;
Thanks for the way you cared,
To keep me healthy and fed,
And for taking me to school
So I would be a well-bred.
Thanks for the concern and love 
At moments I am a distance away,
Forever hail to your existence,
What more else can I say?
If high and low I search for words
Or promises of reciprocity make I,
I can never make it up the same,
Only the tiniest bit I will try.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Κερκυρα

 In the wilderness of the green lush trees, Between the sea and the hills; Mighty Poseidon of the seas - Upon the dazzling beauty of Kerkyra...